Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2018

MARKETING GENIUS


Here's a post for the lighter side.

Ask your neighbors who has a dual pole doppler radar and you will probably get a blank stare.

Ask who has the Snow Monster and you will probably get a growl and "NBC Connecticut" yelled right back at you.

I don't think I can recall a marketing gimmick that has caught on as quickly or as strongly as the fur lined Snow Monster. Hopefully those 9 HD cameras never record the snow monster on its back.

I prefer accurate weather forecasts over blue fur lined seat covers, but if you can get both and attract a broad audience, that's a home run for the marketing people.

And I have always been partial to the cookie monster but the tricked out jeep will do, and I hear it likes visiting Birthday parties.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it particularly funny that the media tells you to stay home and stay off the roads unless it is absolutely necessary yet they joy ride around in their storm monsters and weather trackers, for what. Stay off the roads if you don't need to be out in a storm.